Friday, August 31, 2018

Chapter 4

I never have been a very good writer, and I have also not been very good at journaling. It’s been 4 years since I’ve posted here. Honestly I wasn’t even sure the blog was still here. It was never an attempt at becoming a “blogger” it was more of a way for me to journal about my new career endeavors.
Aviation was a second career for me. I’ve always had a passion for aviation, literally since I was a toddler. I did not actually start flying until I was in my 30’s and that was just as a private pilot and for the fun of it.
At 40 I acquired my commercial license and began my aviation journey.  After a short time flight instructing I accepted a job with American Eagle airlines. A wholly owned subsidiary of AMR Corp.
things were going great until the bankruptcy. Eagle (now called envoy) went from 3000 pilot to a low of around 1500.  I had my fill, and moved on. I was offered a corporate job and jumped at it. It was amazing. For some reason my journaling/blogging got side tracked there.
I’m not sure why, because the last 5 years have been amazing. I’ve been fortunate to have seen and been to so many places I think your average person would never see in a lifetime.
My wife often went with us, sitting in the back with the owner who treated her like family. We’ve visited many a Christmas season in Manhattan. Gone to our nations capital together and many other great places around the country. I joke that the last 5 years have been early retirement.
The only problem with private part 91 is the job is directly related to the success or health of the owner. In my case both business and health issues have caused changes that required me to start the next chapter in my aviation life. So, here we go again. The picture is just a hint.


No comments: