Saturday, May 3, 2008

Spreading your wings

One of the greatest things about flying are the people! There are just a great bunch of people in the aviation circle. Flying is something that bridges any gap. You could be 20 and they can be 80 and you can sit and talk for hours and completely understand each other. Back at Christmas I attended a Christmas party hosted by the owner of the airport where I fly out of. My wife and I grabbed a table and then went ti get some food, when we returned we found another couple sitting there. After some small talk and getting to know each other I finally realized who it was and thought how funny. Here is this guy who owned a rather large aero space company and I'm sure is REALLY well off, and here I am this reg joe who does ok for himself, but is definitely is a different economic class. Funny thing was it didn't matter. We just talked had a great time shared some airplane stories and had a great time. That is aviation! I have been at the airport before just hanging out wishing I could fly and before long someone would invite you for a ride. I have done that myself many times! It's always fun to share the experiences we have while flying!
Well today I met a guy who needed to do some Instrument currency flying so I volunteered to go along! Besides I had never flown in a Cirrus and have always been interested in them. It was a great time and I actually got some stick time! It was an awesome aivrcraft and a pleasure to fly!





I was amazed at how much space it the plane inside. Since I'm used to piper and Mooney types this thing felt huge inside!



We had about two and half hours of flying. We went Into Kerrville TX (KERV)


(KERV) Is also Home to Mooney aircraft. One of my Favorite planes!


It doesn't look like much, but that is where they are built!

All in all it was a fun day! Its nice to spread your wings and try new things now and then, and I'm glad I did today...I'm definitely a new fan of the cirrus!

2 comments:

Marginally employable pilot levitating over Lake Superior said...

Cirrus is based here in Duluth, and they are usually hiring factory and delivery pilots, and occasionally corporate pilots. Requirements for factory pilots are 1000 total hours, single engine, CFI - not too bad! My goal is to get a job there within 3 years of obtaining my tickets. Glad you got to fly one those beauties...

Tim H said...

That would be a great gig! Those planes seem like they would be great x-c planes. I would love to do the delivery pilot thing!

Yeah, im glad I did too. It was impressive! I would like to fly some more in them!