Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Time fly's no pun intended ;-)

I'm really not that good at writing. Keeping up with a blog is way down my list of things to do. I try to keep myself busy. There's always something to do, or learn, or experience. Spring time has sprung...yard work has been plentiful. I just finished building a bat house. It cost me .97 cents (long story). The thing is huge, im sure it could hold a couple hundred bats. Now I just need to get it hung and put out a vacancy sign.
Most importantly however is that I'm flying!!!! Things have been so difficult. I have been tempted to walk away from aviation, because after 2 years of problems I just couldnt see the light anymore. In novemeber I thought I had a new Flight Instructor job lined up. I spent a month waiting for these people to call me. I did all their requirments, and the only thing i had to do was a flight test. Once I finally got it scheduled (month and half after first interview) I get a call the night before saying they have now stopped hiring.
So now I'm back to sqaure one again! One thing about me is that i might get frusterated, but I dont quit! If anything, once I get my mind clear I dig in even harder and do more to make things work. So that is what i did, and finally it has started to pay off. I have two full time students, two part time, I'm still working another flying possiblity to fly a local business man around in his airplane. So the "Light" I spoke of a couple post ago is starting to shine again.

I know I have several hurdles ahead of me, but you know what, I'm ready for it.
I recently came across another blog. http://karlenepetitt.blogspot.com this Lady seems like an amazing person who has had a great career, and life. people like her (and Rand from "A life aloft") are an inspiration to me! It helps me to get up and keep on pushing.

I hope I can be an inspiration to others. I like helping others. I Hope there will be a time in the future that I can say I have helped someone along in their endeavors as a pilot. I know flight instructing can be just that opportunity. I try to do my best with my students, I try to give them more then what they pay for. I hope same day they will reach their goals, and hopefully I will have been a part of it.

So the light is shinning again, I'm smelling the wonderful scent of 100LL exhaust in the morning :-) and the log book has been dusted off. Now lets just keep it moving upward!

Here is a shot a took with my phone recently (sorry it does NOT take good pictures.) Right at dusk, beautiful clear night, cool air...sometimes I feel like I shouldn't be getting paid, I just enjoy it to much!

No comments: