Saturday, February 14, 2009

In Memory of...

First I want to offer my condolences to the friends and families of the victims of flight 3407. God bless you. You all will be in my prayers. I was shocked to wake up and see the news on the web that a Dash-8 had gone down. For those of us in aviation, especially General Aviation we know and understand that accidents can and do happen. We never like to see it, but obviously we do learn from it, and it continues to make aviation the safest form of transportation. With each accident we learn something new. Just today I watched a video produced by NASA talking about tailplane stalls due to icing. I had never heard of this before and the stall characteristics and recovery of a tail stall are completely different then for a wing stall. There is speculation at this point that icing is what cased the accident of 3407. we will not know for sure for some time. I know crashes like this make big news. There is a lot of false information being reported, and there are even those who publicly are saying horrible things about the crew. The simple fact is there was a crash. We lost brothers, and sisters, moms and dads, and sons and daughters. Let the pros do their job, figure out what happened, and lets all learn from it. Now let's honor the memory of those who perished.

No comments: