Saturday, May 30, 2009

Where are the students

Where oh where are the student's tonight, why did you leave me here all alone....Ok, I don't know why but that silly Hee Haw tune popped into my head today. I know, many of you are saying what in the world is Hee Haw? It was this horrible show that my father loved to watch when I was a kid.
I'm sorry now you have it stuck in your head too, don't you?

In all seriousness, It is amazing how quickly flight training has dropped off to nothing. My flight school is barely getting by, and I know several others are in the same boat. One of the big reasons our school is slow, is that the Indian market is drying up. Hiring by the airlines in India was very strong, and now its dropped to nothing. I'm still optimistic that things will turn around. I'm not sure how quickly, but it will turn. In the mean time, it's time to get creative. I need to start working the local market a little harder. I figure you can sit around and feel sorry for yourself, or you can try to make something new happen.

So, anyone in San Antonio need a flight instructor, personal pilot, or anything else? :-)

I have a friend in Oregon, his school is doing quite well. I am curious how schools around the country doing. I know my Friends In Kansas city could use a little more business. We just have to hang in there, be ready to change. Just like planning a flight, You have to be ready to change the plan at any moment. Fly Safe everyone.

No comments: