Saturday, June 28, 2008

CFII OH YEAH!

It has been a busy week since passing my CFI initial. I was not real current on my Instrument, so I had to spend a little time getting some basic instrument skills back! Not to mention, my instrument skills never were really all that great. Anyway, after a lot of study and about 13 hours in the air I took my CFII ride yesterday and passed! Oh yeah! WHAT A RELIEF! On the way to the airport I was so nervous I was actually happy that I was driving in a thunderstorm! I figured maybe it was my out for getting out of taking the ride I didn't feel I was ready for! Once Again I had to lean on my faith, and put it in His hands. So the DPE says well, let just do the oral and we can fly another day(the day was forecast to be thunderstorms all day!). About 2 hours later we get done with the oral, we look out side and the rain had stopped the clouds pulled out to 12K and it was suddenly flyable! Aside from the winds aloft 230 at 46 kts at 3000 it was clear and unlimited visibility. Despite the winds I decided to just fly, I figured it was made available to me so I had better take it. Two hours later I was a CFII! What an experience...Now just one more ride my MEI and I get to go home...I am so ready to go!

No comments: