Friday, February 22, 2008

4 Days and counting

Wow, only four days. I'm still not sure if I will be ready in four days! I am schedules to fly again sunday and monday. I guess we will make the final determination at that point! Todays flying went better. Still not quite to pts standards, but I think Im finally starting to get a grip on the manuevers. The lazy eights are my pain in the back side! But there was improvment on them today! The arrow is very differnet in the way it flys compared to the other planes I flown. The mooney is an awesome airplane, I love it! The arrow, when you are landing, once you drop the power you become basically a smooth rock. So my lanings are not that good. Im so tired from trying to study and fly, i just want this to be over! Hopefuly it will be in 4 days...or actually I guess it wont, my cfi material showed up today, so that means more studying! will it ever end???

2 comments:

Rand Peck said...

Good Morning Tim,
Thanks very much for your email and very kind words and letting me know of your burning desire to advance in aviation. I have no doubt concerning your attainment of your commercial pilots license, in fact I'm sure that you'll even enjoy the examination. It's simply your opportunity to demonstrate to another, how hard you've worked for this moment. I'd encourage you strongly, to not only aim for a regional position, but stretch for the majors. With age 65 legislation now in place and the articles that I'm reading concerning dire pilot shortages vs. future aircraft orders, your services will be in demand. Go for it! But... if you've followed my blog, you know of my advice to always have back-up career plans. This is a crazy, sometimes unpredictable business! Hawaiian and Aloha are wonderful airlines, but due to their desirable physical environment, are subject to strong, sometimes irrational competition.

Once again Tim, thanks. Continue working hard and sharing your experiences with others through your blog. Oh... and speaking of having a wonderful wife, I understand. I do too!

Sincerely,
Rand Peck

Rand Peck said...

PS.
Tim, I'll be enroute from Los Angeles to Honolulu on the 26th, but will be thinking about you. Let me know of your successful completion.
Rand