Friday, February 15, 2008

Round 2!!!

February 11th, 2008
OK, thing are starting to come together again. Lets back up a bit and discuss what happened before. I had decided to go out of town to attend an accelerated commercial pilot course. Unfortunately everything that could have gone wrong…did! I was told there would be designated examiners available at any time (we have two on staff, so i was told, but not true) Well, we couldn’t get an examiner when we would have really needed one. The first day I showed up, the cfi i was to be paired up with wasn’t there. So, first day lost. Day two high winds and snow! The cfi did show up that day, but we spent about 3-4 hours tops together and didn’t really cover all that much. Which was a disappointment, because I made sure before I scheduled myself to go that they had a “structured ground school”…they didn’t He (the cfi) was like, well read that tonight on your own. I COULD HAVE DONE THAT AT HOME!!! the weather did not cooperate either. two days of snow, One day of winds 30-40kts. Oh did i mention the presidential TFR. MX issues with the airplane. OK, if you know you have someone coming into town to fly a specific airplane. don’t you think you would want to have the plane ready? I really like the owner of the school. I know he will have a good product, I’m just not sure he is fully up to speed yet. The CFI was a nice guy, but we didn’t communicate very well, and his teaching method was different then any other I had ever seen. One day we spent about 30 min looking for “pylons” to do eights around pylon maneuver. Its like just pick something for cryin out loud!
Anyway…I’m back home. I called a local guy who used to be the chief flight instructor for a local school, and is an ex-USAF pilot, he has agreed to help me finish up and I have scheduled my check ride for Feb 26. 3 days before my 40th birthday! My goal has been to be a commercial pilot by the time I’m 40. I’m cutting it close! I hope I get it done this time!!!

No comments: