Friday, February 15, 2008

WHAT??? MY IFR PRACTICAL IS TOMORROW????? I gotta be nuts!

October 17th, 2007
OK, so i meet up with cfi this morning. We had some nice low clouds but I figured we would wait for clear sky’s and just do some ground. Which I hated because I want to get into actual whenever i can, but…TOMORROW is the check ride! I needed to wait to get the heat going so I could fly in the bumps like i will be tomorrow. The pilot examiner likes to fly at around 1pm…so here in south texas, that there is bumpy air time! Well, so after some ground prep, we finally took off just for a short last minute prep flight! We figured we would just fly up to CSI vor do a hold one vor-A approach and go home…so after t/o just starting to turn out, i notice I’m not getting a signal on #1 or #2 vor…What??? that is probably the way it will happen tomorrow, I need to fly this…I ask cfi, did you check notams? NO!!! Neither did I. Doesn’t matter, learned a good lesson, you always have to be ready for a change in plans. So, lets go to stonewall and fly the vor-a there. so flip through the book and pull out the plate brief it, or try to while trying to keep it in my lap. Well, it wasn’t pretty, but I made it through!
The nerves are starting to go crazy. I still don’t feel ready! I Just hope it all works out! I don’t want to do it again!Â
TO BE CONTINUED

No comments: