Friday, February 15, 2008

And so it begins!

September 25th, 2007
Wow, a blog. who would have thought it. After reading a few I thought why not, what a great way to remember where i have been and also to share with others who might be thinking about this same path of travel! Who is “justplanecrazy “? My name is Tim. Im 39. I have a beautiful wife, two great daughters and step daughter. I have been in the transportation business (i.e. I drive semi-truck’s) for longer then i care to admit. I have always been fascinated with airplanes (ask my family and the word you here will probably be obsessed). Before i could even talk i could spot a plane flying over head. 1999 after a divorce I finally decided to do something for myself. I took up flying lesson. I loved it! 40 hours later (more like a year in real time) I was a private pilot single engine land. I started taking instrument lesson but my ex flared up again and off i go moving 1000 miles across the country. 4 years after the move i finally got back into the air. I bought a share of a cessna 150/150. I also stated up my instrument lesson….oh let me back up here a bit. so why did i start flying flying again? I met my beautiful new bride of almost two years now. Her dad low and behold is also a pilot. He owns a c172 and a beech barron. so a couple flights with him and im hooked AGAIN! I fly out of class charlie airspace, and I realized I like the fast paced nature of busy towered airports. I started talking with S (my wife) about my desires to become a professional pilot, and lucky me she has been very supportive. So here I am to document my “mid-life” journey. I’m not the best at this stuff, and I spend a lot of time at work (trying to pay for this habit) and studying, but will do my best to keep it updated!Â
So, where am i at right now? I am still ASEL but with @250 hours, high perf and complex endors. 60 hours in a Mooney M20J man do i love the mooney’s Im about three weeks away from my instrument practical ride. I scheduled it for OCT 18. I’m not sure if i’m ready, i have such issues with cfi’s (i will get into that later) I just want to get this done so i can start on my commercial and multi!Â
Well off to work i go, Thank you for stopping by!

No comments: