Friday, February 15, 2008

ARE WE THERE YET?

October 26th, 2007
It’s getting close enough to smell! With the Instrument rating in the bag, I have now moved on to the Commercial ground studies…YES, More Martha (I know you’re jealous). The only thing I NEED to finish for the flight portion (Other then learning the maneuvers) Is one night vfr cross country, and one long cross country with at least one leg of 250nm and 3 stops. I already have 259 hours so I’m good on the hour requirement. I’m very excited to start this. Not that is will do me a whole lot of good as i will still have less then 300 hrs after earning my commercial ticket! So I will still need to build some time. I’m starting to think about glider towing! We have a lot of glider ops in this area. Honestly I don’t like the idea of towing gliders, but hey, I need experience! I will go formy multi engine comm/instr. as soon as i’m done with my single engine commercial! Well depending on the $$$$ situation (any independently wealthy folks out there who would like to help a poor pilot out…haha). I told my father in law, after i get the multi, everytime we go up in his plane…he’s going under the hood! He has a 55 model beech Baron. I found a great deal on a twin to acquire the rating, $175 hour for a Seneca! SO when the time comes, I have a multi study course, and I will buy a pow for the seneca and make sure I know the plane inside and out, so I can limit my training time!
Well, speaking of studying, I better get at it! The sooner i take the written, the sooner I start the lessons. End of November is my goal!…We’ll see!

No comments: