Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Here we go!!!! again

Well yesterday I started flight training for the commercial pilot’s license again! As you may recall, I had gone "out of town" to try to do an accelerated commercial course. That did not go over very well. Weather, MX issues, and issues with the school just didn’t let it happen. So here I am again. New airplane, new instructor, and feeling like a basic student pilot...again. Sometimes I just don’t think it’s possible to get all the knowledge in your head that you need, and then there is the flying. I'm sure I will get it (the commercial maneuvers) eventually, but right now it’s like trying to talk Chinese without ever having had a class in it.
Lazy eights are the most difficult for me. Eights on pylons are pretty easy, I like doing them. So yesterday was day one (again). We did about 4 hours of ground, which went ok, then we went out for 1.8 in the Piper Arrow. The arrow is an interesting airplane. My landings stink in them! I can put a Mooney right on the spot, or a piper archer, but this arrow is whipping my butt. Cut the power and it become a rock.
Anyway, It wasn't to bad yesterday I guess. Today, we did another 4 ground, but the weather was 700 overcast most the day, so no flying for me!
It will be a busy week for sure. I have a lot of studying to do. I just hope this goes well! I had a goal of being a "commercial" pilot by the time I was 40...that’s 9 days away!
wish me luck

No comments: